Twitch Plays Pokémon stream: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon
Twitch Plays Pokémon Plays Tetris stream: http://www.twitch.tv/xkeeper_
This is the most hilarious shit.
So some enterprising cool person set up a Twitch stream that plays Pokémon using the commands from the chat as the input for the game. They have a script that parses the inputs from the Twitch IRC chat channel, and feeds it to a GameBoy emulator as input.
At the time of this writing, the collaborative effort of 20,000+ people has gotten us:
- Three Gym Badges
- Replaced Charmander’s Ember with Bide (but then we got some clutch fucking Bides)
- Bubblebeam on one Ratatta
- Dig and Thunderbolt on the second Ratatta
- Cut on both Charmander and Drowzee
- Moonstone and Nugget in the garbage
- A Helix Fossil worshipping cult
There’s a nice Google Doc with lots of information and fun graphics here: tinyurl.com/pokemonprogress
If you need an entertaining way to waste time on the internet, look no further than Twitch Plays Pokémon. It is stunning to see how quickly some tasks get done, and how seemingly endless others are to perform (LEDGE ZONE!). If the statistics on this ever come out, they’ll be very interesting.